Sunday, February 25, 2007

makezine.com

Analysing the makezine website

I had the interesting task of analysing the website makezine.com which I found very intriguing with its content and format.

This blog essentially composed of a variety of items which include news items,video, video games,old and new technology and exihibitions. This blog also comprised good things such as how to make items.On this blog is news item about australia which says there is a ban coming up in Austalia to outlaw the use of indecadescent light which will be replaced by flourescent lights.Another attention grabbing news item was how a $10 wok is keeping a television station on the waves in a small town.

Further information on the topics that were being covered under the posts in this blog was easily accessible by the many hyperlinks provided.This made my reading of the blog much easier as I clicked on links to get more information on topic that I felt were not thouroghly dealt with.For example I clicked on the hyperlink regarding the ban of indecadescent lights in Australia and went to the website of BBC to get more information on this news.


The most striking feature of this blog is the use of image to put across information. I found this to be most interesting because it gave the information being portrayed more vivid and digestible to the audience. I found a lot of the posts on this blog easily readable because it did not contain too much text and some post even had fewer text and overbearing images while other texts had no text at all.

In looking at this blog I thought there could be a few concepts I can inculcate into my own blog.
The main reason being that I would be pleased to see my blog give all the things I was offered when I visited makezine.com.

Formost I would like to add more variety to my website by providing interesting things such as news items, my own articles and other peoples articles if that can help provide the variety needed to make my blog appealing while providing something for every taste.

Hyperlinks I found out after visiting this blog that gives more credibility to the information being presented. If I had any doubts about the news on Australia all I had to do was to click the hyperlink and I would be led to the news agency in this case BBC which presented the news.
Based on the foregoing argument I would like to add more hyperlinks to my blogs to make the means of verifying information or obtaining more information possible.

More images will certainly be a good addition to my blog. All the benefits that accrue to images on blogs will be a part of my blog. Some of these include vivid pictures, more comprehensible to the reader as well as providing a memorable experience for some readers. This is because some readers remember stories better with visual images and this will certainly help this kind of readers on my blog.

One other thing from the makezine blog I would like to incorporate in my own blog is the occassional use of videos. This certainly provides a different kind of experience for most if not all readers. Providing a video with all the information contained in it instead of text. Text can be monotonous sometimes and video can be a good break from such monotony.


The content and format of the website was very attractive to me as a blogger but I believe is more attractive to a reader. Incorporating such concepts as the variety, detail,intrigue and fun from this blog onto my own will be more than welcome.

1 comment:

Jiarui Xie said...

I found you analysis abut this blog over my view, some content I even ever think about. You did well in compare his blog with yours and figure out what you are going to do in your blog. You think the practical way of corporation your own blog more attractive. I do recommend use more images and hyperlinks than use so many words that you definitely do want to say that much. A good blog does not contributes by how many words you write but matters the content you include.